- Log into UTmail+ via a web browser.
- Click your user icon and choose My account..
- In the My Account tab, click Install Office.
- If you see the Save window, choose a location and click Save File to save the .exe setup file.
- Double-click the .exe file to begin the installation. In the security screen, click Yes to continue with the installation.
- A Microsoft Office progress screen will appear. Once it finishes, click Close.
- Open one of the newly installed apps, such as Word. Upon launch you will be prompted to allow updates to be automatically installed. Click Accept to continue.
- You will see the Sign in screen, or, if it does not appear automatically, click Sign in in the upper right corner and the Sign in screen will appear. Enter your U of T email address and click Next.
- You will be redirected to the University of Toronto Weblogin page. Enter your UTORid and password and click Log in.
- Office will complete activation, after which you can use the software.
While working offsite, you may run into problems activating the copy of Microsoft Office you used on campus. This guide will walk you through removing any current installations of Office on your computer and replacing them with the Office 365 version licensed for personal use for University of Toronto members.
To avoid conflicts with the new install, we’ll want to first uninstall old versions of Office.
To uninstall Office programs in Windows 10
(click images to zoom in)
3 – Select “Apps” then “Apps and Features”
4 – In the search box under “Apps and Features” you will want to start by searching for “office” (1) – then click “uninstall” (2) next to any Microsoft Office products that appear.
Note: If you have installed individual office programs such as “Word” you may need to search for and uninstall these individually as well.
With Office uninstalled, it is now safe to install the correct version.
To install your University copy of Office Pro Plus 365 for personal devices: